Dr. Vasudev Pai
Being the first fully qualified surgical gastroenterologist of Mysore and one among the senior consultants in the state of Karnataka , Dr. Pai has performed more than 7000 Gastrointestinal operations in the last 14 years which include all the complicated gastrointestinal surgeries. He has a keen interest in minimally invasive surgeries for GI cancers and already performed a good number of laparoscopic colorectal suries for rectal and colonic cancers, thoracolaparoscopic esophagectomy, laparoscopic pancreatectomy, splenectomy, lap assisted whipples, laparoscopic deroofing of liver cysts etc. He has performed pseudocontinent perineal colostomy for a patient who otherwise had to live with a permanent colostomy. He has also done lapariscopic surgeries for renal cell carcinoma , pheochromocytoma and has good experience in performing supramajor cancer surgeries like radical peritonectomy with cytireduction and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) for rare cancers like pseudomyxoma peritonei. Performed gynae oncosurgeries for cervical,uterine and ovarian cancers. Performed total pelvic exenteration for advanced rectal and pelvic cancers.
1. MCh.(Surgical Gastroenterology) - 2004 - Govt.Medical College, Trivandrum, Kerala, India.
2. M.S.Gen.Surgery - 1999 - Govt Medical College, Calicut, Kerala, India. University of Calicut.
3.MCh. (Surgical Gastroenterology) - 2004 - Govt.Medical College, Trivandrum, Kerala, India.
- Head of Department of GI, HPB and advanced laparoscopic surgery, Columbia Asia Hospital,Mysore.
- Senior (Chief) Consultant in surgical gastroenterology, HPB, GI oncosurgery and advanced laparoscopic surgeon, Vikram Hospitals Pvt.Ltd, Mysore.
- Chief consultant in surgical Gastroenterology, Omega Hospital , Mangalore, Karnataka, India. (2005 Feb - 2007 Feb)
1. Perineal Colostomy following Abdomino-Perineal Resection for Rectal Cancer-A Case Report By Vasudev Pai H. & M.V. Sreeharsha
2. Rupture of pheochromocytoma caused by phenoxybenzamine - A Case Report By Vasudeva Pai H.
3. Video presentation on minimally invasive esophagectomy for esophageal cancer at AMASICON, Dubai.
Please Book Consultation from the Services Page.