Dr. Jayanti Thumsi
Breast Onco-Surgery, Breast Re-Construction Surgery
She has over 18 years of experience in complete breast care with training from some of the most prestigious institutions in India. Dr. Thumsi completed her MBBS and MS (General Surgery) from Grant Medical College and JJ group of Hospitals, Mumbai. She has trained in Breast Oncology andand Breast Reconstruction Surgery at the Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai (Breast Unit).
She has performed more than 3500 breast surgeries so far. These include Breast Conservation, Mastectomy, Non-palpable Breast Cancers, Microdochectomy, Benign (non cancerous) Breast Diseases, LD Flaps, Implant based and Breast Reconstruction Surgeries, Sentinel Lymph node biopsy, etc.
She is currently working as a Senior Consultant Breast Oncologist, In Charge of the Breast Oncology Department SPARSH Hospital, Bangalore.
- MBBS - Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Hospital, Mumbai, 1990
- MS - General Surgery - Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Hospital, Mumbai, 1992
- Founder member and Managing Director of CREST Foundation, which is a NGO working on reducing the burden of cancer in our society.
- She has conducted more than 258 awareness programs and has educated 1,58,000 women so far.
- She has authored a book titled ‘Lump to Laughter’ which highlights the emotional journeys of women going through breast cancer treatment
- She has published many papers in various national and international journals.
Read more about her on: http://www.drjayantisthumsibreastsurgeon.com/